Required Education and Experience:
B.S./B.A. with at least 3-5 years of experience that demonstrate technical, communication and development skills. May substitute experience for education. (i.e., Associate’s degree plus 8 years of directly related experience)
We do not do any VISA sponsorships.
All candidates must be able to work in Pasadena on the first day of employment.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
The System Administrator will be responsible for disk storage devices, SAN and NAS devices, and network equipment. Responsibilities also include building, configuring, and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications, backups and restoration, user support, and documentation.
• In-depth knowledge of Linux with a focus on Redhat/CentOS, including system design, configuration, maintenance, upgrade and administration.
• Configuration management practices and related tools such as Puppet, Git, Packer, and Docker.
• Excellent user interface / interpersonal/written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong in configuration management practices and related tools such as Puppet, Git, Packer, and Docker.
• Strong knowledge of design, implementation, and support of networked systems and technologies such routers, switches, NFS, DNS, and LDAP.
• Strong knowledge of virtualization (Openstack, VMWare, etc.) and on web scale services in Amazon AWS
• Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of both public licensed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf software tools.
• Experience with automating processes and deployments using tools such as scripting (bash, python, perl, etc.)
• Experience supporting Windows and MacIntosh Operating systems in a heterogeneous computing environment.
• The ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers.
• The ability to document and electronically store daily task information, architecture, processes, and user instructions.
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Zabbix and Ganglia.
• The ability to work independently.
• Strong knowledge of Storage Technology, both local and hosted, including design, implementation, maintenance, upgrade / transition planning and execution.
• Experience in Database Administration including installation, upgrade and maintenance (Oracle, Postgres, Hadoop, etc.).
• Experience using the AWS API including knowledge of the AWS CLI.
Job Type: Full-time